Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Contract Lounge Directory (2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2023, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
Purpose of this Thread
​​​​​​
The goal of this thread is to provide information on contract lounges at destinations where there is no lounge operated by Air Canada or Star Alliance partners.

For the list of AC-operated lounges, please see this thread.

Where there is a lounge operated by a Star Alliance partner (or *A itself), access is provided to Star Alliance partner lounge(s), unless otherwise noted here. Please visit the relevant partner forum (UA, LH, NH, etc) for detailed information on partner lounges, including hours, food, etc.

Access to Contract Lounges

Can be accessed for customers holding a SAME DAY DEPARTING boarding pass for a flight operated by AC based on:
  • Status
    • Aeroplan 50K and up (spouse/partner, dependent children, and one guest)
    • Star Alliance Gold (one guest)
  • Class of service (no guests):
    • Business class
    • Premium rouge
(For flights operated by *A partners, access depends on their policies and lounges they have contracted - please visit the appropriate partner forum)

North America
  • CUN: no lounge
  • FLL: no lounge
  • MCO:
  • SJU: no lounge
  • YEG: Transborder J passengers use Plaza Premium Lounge. Status Y passengers not admissable
  • YYC:
    • Transborder: Aspire lounge for both J passengers and Y passengers with status
    • Domestic/international D gates: Aspire lounge Ended as of October 1, 2023 - use the MLL at the base of the C pier

Europe
  • AMS: Aspire lounge (lounge 41) right next to Oneworld Lounge
    • Note: there is a Star Alliance lounge that is technically accessible to AC passengers. However, this lounge is within the Schengen area of the airport, and the lengthy walk plus time to clear immigration makes it a sub-optimal option when departing on AC
  • BCN: Joan Miró lounge
  • CDG: Extime lounge
  • DUB: T1 Lounge, entrance airside in the middle of security exit lines
  • EDI: Aspire lounges (gate 4 or gate 16; either is available)
  • FCO: Prima Vista lounge
  • GVA: Crystal by Aspire
  • LYS: Mont Blanc lounge
  • MAD: Cibeles lounge
  • TLS: La Croix Du Sud
  • VCE: Marco Polo Club, 2024 Priority Pass award winner

South America
  • GRU: Espaço Banco Safra
  • SCL: Salones VIP Pacific Club

Asia
DEL: Encalm Prive. AC J and Y*G invited

Oceania
[N/A - *A partner lounges available at all AC destinations]

Africa

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:27 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver

Based on member feedback, we're trying a master thread with a directory of all AC contract lounges.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Aug 9, 2023 at 5:06 pm Reason: New thread
Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:11 pm

Hi, couldn't seem to find anything updated on this topic. Do AC business passengers have access to a lounge in Cancun?
Old Apr 23, 2022, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Bravada04
Hi, couldn't seem to find anything updated on this topic. Do AC business passengers have access to a lounge in Cancun?
i departed Jan11 and there was no lounge provided for AC J. There was a plaza premium lounge but at the time i wasn't able to use my passes included with a Scotiapassport VI. It was a quick airport to get through checkin+security
Old Apr 23, 2022, 5:11 pm

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2MM, bonvoy titanium lifetime, united silver
Originally Posted by Bravada04
I was there a week ago and went to the lounge … much confusion as to whether ac j sufficient for entry so dodged that and got in with Amex plat …

lounge pretty crappy but Mexican snacks surprisingly good … avoid salads as not fresh and no bueno
Old Apr 23, 2022, 5:20 pm

to clarify the checkin agent said there was no lounge access for AC J. There is a plaza premium lounge if you have access to it but its not worth paid entry. There are lots of restaurants in the airport but they are expensive
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Anyone know if this LYS lounge access is still standing? Not sure how COVID might have affected the lounge agreements.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Aug 9, 2023 at 4:59 pm Reason: Edit to reflect thread move
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by pprrff
Anyone know if this is still standing? Not sure how COVID might have affected the lounge agreements.
I don't know about the "downstairs" lounge but I did use the Mont Blanc lounge recently. The flight to YUL got switched to an early afternoon departure. The lounge itself was quite nice and not crowded at all when I was there a couple of weeks ago.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:31 pm

It's exactly the same. You can normally only use the "upstairs" lounge which is perfectly nice with decent snack food and good wine. If passport control is not open then they'll let you into the schengen lounge downstairs until passport control opens. They'll actually call from the lounge to check if passport control is open and if it is they will not let you into the schengen lounge.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
Hey Everybody, I see that there is no new reply to the question what lounge does Air Canada use in SCL. I am flying business later in July from YYZ to SCL and SCL to YYZ and I was wondering if there is an arrival lounge at SCL. What lounge does Air Canada use for business class on departure from SCL to YYZ?

Thank you!
Old Jun 26, 2022, 6:01 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by high.and.above
Hey Everybody, I see that there is no new reply to the question what lounge does Air Canada use in SCL. I am flying business later in July from YYZ to SCL and SCL to YYZ and I was wondering if there is an arrival lounge at SCL. What lounge does Air Canada use for business class on departure from SCL to YYZ?

Thank you!
Avianca lounge was not there anymore when I went to SCL last year. No arrival lounge for SCL.

They had a random private lounge some 24/7 "VIP"(lol) , crappy lounge you can get in with priority pass but I'm almost positive AC J or *G won't get you into any of the lounges there. Need Priority Pass or pay to get in.

I heard LATAM opened a brand new lounge this spring at SCL which is supposed to be super nice. Largest lounge in South America apparently. I actually thought LATAM lounges were decent when I visited a couple last year so SCL may be great. You won't have access flying Air Canada, but maybe perhaps pay to enter?

Make sure you indulge at the AC signature suite at YYZ as it might be the only lounge access you get for your trip lol

Last edited by SKYEG; Jun 26, 2022 at 6:06 pm
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:46 pm

Thank you!
I was in SCL shortly after the new terminal opened and the contracted lounge for departing AC passengers was Salones VIP Pacific Club. I didn't notice any arrivals lounges for any airline but the terminal was still partially under construction at that point (this was end of March).
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
I was in SCL shortly after the new terminal opened and the contracted lounge for departing AC passengers was Salones VIP Pacific Club. I didn't notice any arrivals lounges for any airline but the terminal was still partially under construction at that point (this was end of March).
Thank you very much for your reply, such a pity that AC is not using Latam's lounge. I will be running around the whole day and I would have loved to have a shower before departure. I went on Salones VIP Pacific Club and Air Canada does not show anymore as an airline that has access, maybe meanwhile Aircanada switched to Latam?!? I know wishful thinking
Old Jun 27, 2022, 7:58 am

Thank you very much for your reply, such a pity that AC is not using Latam's lounge. I will be running around the whole day and I would have loved to have a shower before departure. I went on Salones VIP Pacific Club and Air Canada does not show anymore as an airline that has access, maybe meanwhile Aircanada switched to Latam?!? I know wishful thinking
It would be nice if that were the case (LATAM lounge), which is not entirely impossible since the LATAM lounge was still undergoing construction when I was there and it's reported to be much nicer.

Not sure about the Pacific Club - when I visited I didn't think I had access either and was going to use Priority Pass; I waited in a line to get in and an attendant walked the line asking which airlines people were on - basically any J ticket on an airline that WASN'T LATAM (lol) had access with their ticket only, LATAM pax needed to use Priority Pass and wait in the line. But no showers in there, you even have to go out by McDonald's to use the restroom.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:47 am

Available for business class

you definitely have access as a business class Air Canada passenger as of July 2022. Head toward gate c in terminal 1 and you’ll see an escalator. Checkin with the person at the bottom of the escalator. They’ll send you up through “control”. Only glitch is that your arrival at control needs to coincide with a flight or there may not be anyone there! Ie my flight was at 1pm but I couldn’t get through control until 10:20 when the agents showed up. You might be able to get through the automatic control side with an EU passport…don’t have one so not sure.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Does anyone know if there's a contract lounge in LYS?

LoungeBuddy says I don't have access to anything. Nothing shows up on the *A Lounge Finder. Nothing shows up on Priority Pass.

It seems unlikely that AC wouldn't have a contract lounge at a European mainline destination, but I can't find any information on one.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 12:13 pm

I was yesterday in SCL and fly J SCL-YYZ on Air Canada and Sadly the lounge was Pacific Club. The lounge was so busy and so uncomfortable that after 5 minutes we decided to go to McDonald's and buy lunch and a beverage. Is such a pity that Air Canada does not have a contract with Latam to use their lounge at SCL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.